Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jupiter Retrograde

The other day I declared on Facebook that Saturn didn’t exist- of course it does, I just didn’t want to have to think about it. But then I also conveniently overlooked the fact that Jupiter was stationing about to go retrograde. (Thanks AstroSparkles for that little reminder). And this year, the retrograde is longer than usual- from 15/6/09 at 27 Aquarius all the way through to mid October and 17 Aquarius.

As a Piscean, delusions and conveniently forgetting things are just part of the landscape, but Jupiter rules my Ascendant so is also my Chart Ruler & should be difficult to overlook. The Ascendant is all about the physical body, so it stands to reason that whatever this ruling planet does will have an impact on the physical body.

Further, Jupiter rules my Piscean Sun. The Sun is your energy and vitality source. Is it a coincidence that over the last few years I have been unwell as Jupiter has slowed to station?

Jupiter is known as the Great Benefic. Often labelled as the “lucky planet”, Jupiter makes things bigger. This isn’t so good if he is transiting across your Ascendant (literally speaking, your physical body often gets bigger...).

When Jupiter turns retrograde, the expansion... stops. Just like that. Good if you are planning a diet (personally, I need to lose 20kgs in the next 5 weeks before I go & lie on a pool lounge and beach somewhere exotic), but not good if you are in the middle of a project. Things that seemed to be sure may just stop. Physical energy may just dry up.

Jupiter also represents integrity and honesty, so the retrograde period is a great time to look objectively and realistically at what you are doing. Are you really investing enough of yourself in what is important? What do you do out of fear or because it is expected of you? How do these actions impinge on your real life goals and where you are meant to be?

Jupiter has a habit of removing those things from your life which you think you need, but actually are doing you no good at all. But with Jupiter, there is no maliciousness- anything you lose now, or anything that stops now is simply not necessary to your growth and will usually be for the best.

So, what to do? Look inward and be honest with yourself. Now is not the time to embark on any activity that requires material expansion- unless it is a new charity or spiritual retreat.

So, who is impacted? Jupiter rules Sagittarius and Pisces (as traditional ruler). If you have your Ascendant, Sun or Moon in these signs, you will be impacted. If you have a number of planets in the 9th house or the 12th you will feel this retrograde. Look also at the houses which Jupiter rules- those houses with either Sagittarius or Pisces on the cusp- this area of your life will feel the Jupiter influence the most. You will also be impacted if you have planets between 27 and 17 degrees of Aquarius, Leo, Taurus and Scorpio.

Jupiter also rules my Moon (emotional life), Mercury (my communication) & my career. Last year, during the retrograde, I struggled physically with my health and emotionally with things that were happening in my workplace. People I loved and thought I needed moved away. It seemed as if it was just one thing after another. Retrospectively, almost as soon as Jupiter turned back around (in September) things improved. Just like that. Jupiter can’t stay serious for long.

3 comments:

  1. don't forget as well that Jupiter will station Direct at 17 Aquarius, the degree of the Solar Eclipse from Feb 2008. I suspect activities begun at this time, but are now at a standstill will be revisited and either concluded successfully or dropped.

    Who knows? But I tend to think of him expanding as he turns direct, so ... :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dues- I had missed that one- will definitely be worth keeping an eye on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'll actually hit the degree of the Eclipse (17 Aquarius 44) via retrograde on 24-25 September and then revisit it while moving direct on 31 October-1 November.

    I'll be interested to see what, if anything, is resurrected from when he first hit that eclipse degree in late-March 2009. It certainly was a busy, though oddly unfinished, time for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete