Friday, June 12, 2009

Love etc...


I had 2 hours to think about this week’s blog today. Two hours sitting in the chair at the hairdressers waiting for the colour & foils that covers my greys and satisfies my vanity. Usually I tear out of the salon the minute my hair is washed out, open the sunroof in the car & get on with the day that has been interrupted by having to sit still for 2 hours. I have Venus in Aries. I want what I want when I want it. Venus in Aries wants to look good, but quickly & with a minimum of fuss. Venus in Aries has the tolerance of a flea.

But today I read the magazines. Trashy stuff about people’s lives that I normally couldn’t give a rats about. The latest Hollywood break-ups, make-ups, makeovers, brushes with death & whether some pointless starlet is too skinny or, heaven forbid, fat enough to fit into a US size 6- I really don’t care what they do or who they do it with. Today, I read all about why Jennifer needs to clear the air with Angelina in order to get her love karma back and how Kate Winslet is proud of her “normal womanly curves” after following an “everyday eating plan” where she removed all carbs and now tips the scales at a “very healthy” 52kgs. (Their quotations, not mine...).

Today I also sat in the chair for longer while 2 stylists brandishing their super powered dryers spent a ridiculous amount of time attempting to straighten my hair. Why is that? So I will look vaguely glamorous at the pub tonight? Hardly... Venus is in Taurus, and the effects are all around us- not just in busier than usual hairdressers and beauty salons.As astro pal Kelly Surtees has been pointing out all week on Facebook & Astro Weather (www.kellysurtees.com), Venus in Taurus has even been obvious in the Stock Market where this week we actually saw some rises. But isn’t Venus about love and relationships, I hear you ask? Well, yes and no...

Venus is about what makes you feel good. In this way, it represents pleasure, beauty and art. It also represents the way in which you respond to these things, your values, what you value and the way you approach your relationships.

Taurus as a fixed earth sign values material things. It also likes to accumulate. It is this need for material security that often leads to Taurus being known as the sign most associated with wealth creation. But Taurus is ruled by Venus and also loves beautiful things, luxury and shopping. In the body Taurus rules the neck and throat, so also loves good food and wine.

If you have Venus in Taurus, you may use these things (shopping, food, wine) to feel good about yourself. That in itself is not an issue unless you are prone to over indulging in any of these things... you see, Venus in Taurus can also be a little self indulgent and, dare I say it, sometimes a little difficult to get moving.

So, when Venus is in Taurus we are more inclined to do things that make us feel good and look good. Some of us may put make-up on with the tracksuit when we are working from home; others will go on shopping sprees; share markets may even start to feel temporarily better. And that is because Venus is in rulership in Taurus- not only does she have plenty of motivation to behave well, but she also has the ability to act- what Astrologers call “essential dignity”.

Mars in Taurus? A completely different story...

1 comment:

  1. I was just laughing when I read the firs paragraph...It is sooo good. I felt it is about me.
    :))

    ReplyDelete